21 Days of Prayer and Fasting for Marriage from 20 July to 9 August.
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting for a “Miracle for Marriage” 20th July - 10th August 2015
Australia's Constitution says, "Humbly relying on the blessings of Almighty God". Alfred Deakin, one of the fathers of Australia's Constitution and Australia's second Prime Minister, offered the following prayer after the Constitution was finally ratified. "We pray that it may be the means of creating and fostering throughout all Australia a Christ-like Citizenship."
Henry Parkes, known as the Father of Federation (1901), had a vision for Australia as "one people with a destiny... we are pre-eminently a Christian people - as our laws, our whole system of jurisprudence, our constitution . . . are based upon and interwoven with our Christian belief . . .". We are thankful for our strong Christian heritage and that is why it is important for people of faith to pray and speak up on the issues of our day.
Marriage is under attack again with the threat of a cross-party Bill to redefine marriage to be introduced on the 11th
August 2015 into the Federal Parliament. This is deeply concerning as our children always pay the price when we move away from our biblical foundations. The scripture says in Philippians 4:6, “Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
After much consultation with Christian leaders, prayer movement leaders and numerous representatives from many different denominations, it was decided to call for 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting for Marriage from 20th July to 10th August.
We are asking according to 2 Chronicles 7:14, for a “Miracle for Marriage”. We need a miracle of God’s unmerited favour. We need an outpouring of the Grace of God! Our prayer will be for Revival and Transformation for Australia starting in the Church and reaching the whole community and changing the nation.
We call for ministers, priests and Christian leaders to celebrate MARRIAGE SUNDAY on the 9th August 2015 by preaching on marriage, sharing homilies on marriage and praying for marriage on the last Sunday of this 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting.
1. Pray that marriage will remain in our nation's laws as a lifelong covenant mutually entered into between a man and a woman according to God's Word. We ask for a “Miracle for Marriage”. 2 Chronicles 7:14
2. Pray for a true spirit of humility and repentance for the Body of Christ and restoration of sexual purity for the church and that this restoration in the church would then affect the nation. Ephesians 5:32
3. Pray that the voice of our children and our Indigenous First Nation people will be heard at this important time.
We pray for people of faith and others to be inspired to speak up for marriage and for our children’s future. That they will contact their local Federal Member of Parliament and State Senators and become an active part in the democratic process. We pray for the ability to speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15
4. Pray that Sunday the 9th August will become a special celebration of Marriage in churches across Australia. Hebrews 13:4
5. Cry out for Revival and Transformation for Australia starting in the Church and reaching the whole community and changing the nation. We pray for a great release of the Gospel of God’s love in Jesus Christ for every boy and and man and woman in Australia. John 3:16